Addy's Adventures in Technology

Join me as I explore the ways technology can enhance learning.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Concerned Parent

I have many concerns about web 2.o technologies being incorporated into the classroom. One of my biggest concerns is blogs. I think it will be very hard for teachers to monitor the comments made from student to student. If bullying is happening is the teacher going to catch it soon enough. I read an article by Jon Swartz in USA Today called "Schoolyard Bullies Get Nastier Online." It said that children from the ages of 9-14 are the most affected by bullying. The damages it causes could be horrible to the students. Is this technology worth the ramifications it might have on our students in the long run?

Here are some questions I have:
If my child posts their work or comments online will everyone be able to reply back?
Will they be able to get any information on my child?
If a student makes inappropriate comments on their blog or another students blog how will they be punished?

No comments:

Post a Comment