Addy's Adventures in Technology

Join me as I explore the ways technology can enhance learning.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I learned that it is really important to make sure that you are using technology in ways that you could not use paper and pencil. In order for technology to be incorporated by more teachers we need to show how we can use it to improve teaching and learning in a different and effective way. I think that technology is a great way to have students learn independently. Where teachers use a more "guide on the side" approach. I think one of the best things we can do as teachers is to encourage and facilitate independent learning. Technology also really utilizes deductive teaching. Students can read, see examples and then create their own work.

I think that seeing several web-based technologies made me even more excited about incorporating technology into my classroom. I believe that a lot of trouble shooting needs to happen inorder for them to be used effectively by each individual teacher. But, I think that the benefit of that work will be worth it for the students.

I learned several new ways to incorporate technology into my lessons plans. I have several plans that I would like to do for the rest of the year. And some unblocking to beg for! Wish me luck! My new goals are to make sure I put what I have learned into action by incorporating these technologies into my lessons. My plans for reaching my goals are to take the time to create new ideas to use these technologies in a majority of my lessons. I think it is a great way for students to practice, practice, practice!

1 comment:

  1. Blocking Web 2.0 technologies is a problem in most districts. Today at MACUL, I heard of one district that allows their students to access YouTube. That is unheard of in my district. It was just this year, that my district eased up the filter to allow access to Wikis and blogs. Something you will want to take with you when your "beg" is research that supports student achievement and movitation to learn, when using these tools.

    ReplyDelete